All I can think of is food, food & food... 都是吃吃吃。

May 27, 2009

Yesterday should be Dumpling Festival in Singapore. This is the 1st time that I am so missing rice dumpling. I love rice dumpling especially the nonya flavor with minced pork and mild spicy. Mm... the thought of it already make me hungry. Why didn't I learn how to make before? But anyway, even if I know how to make, it's quite difficult to get all the ingredients over here especially the leaves itself. 

今天因該是端午節也是我第一次沒吃到棕子。那麼地想聯它。最喜歡的是娘喏的棕子。裡面的肉卒和香料真的會讓我流口水。採料應該也滿難在這裡買到。

The other day, I tried to make korean bulgogi which is sliced marinated beef with steamed white rice. It turns out to be a tack salty perhaps I didn't add enough sugar. But overall, I find it pretty good. Sometimes I can't help but so proud of myself. 

And had my 1st attempt on cooking wonton mee as well. Well, the mee kia which I got it ready-made from asian supermarket and used the CP Wonton which surprisingly was sold in the wholesales market. Made my own gravy and cooked up some minced pork. Hubby said I should add more sauce to the mee other than that it will be perfect but too bad I didn't took any photo. Was too hungry to shoot. This is how hunger can motivate you to cook something which you never even thought of trying before. You will be thinking why should I cook myself. Just go down to hawker centre and pay $3 to get a bowl of nice wonton mee. 

那天我嘗試做了漢國的淹牛肉和。淹牛肉的喂道鹹了一點可是還是不錯。坤仔說麵如果有多一點醬料會更好。在華人的超級市場買了現成的面和新加坡做的CP吞。因為沒有叉燒肉只好用碎豬肉來替代。

Cooked mum's specialty ayam ponteh last night. The smell is quite similar and the taste I think is lacking something but overall it tastes pretty good. Only left the below pic as I was hungry again and this bowl was reserved for Hubby.

昨晚煮了媽媽的ponteh。聞起來還滿像只是少了些什麼。以下是留給坤仔的份。

My 1st attempt on Ayam Ponteh

The other day when we went down to Boise. I suddenly have a craving for A&W hence Hubby brought me there but it's a pity the taste of the hot dog bun + root beer float is not as good as before. How I miss them. 

那天去了Boise突然好想吃A﹠W所以坤在就帶了我去。好失望。跟過去吃過的還差了遠。



Remember the wild rabbit I saw in our backyard. I managed to capture it on camera last night or rather Hubby did. Can you see it? It's in the middle of the photo. It just sit still at the same spot for quite sometime before sky turns dark. How cute.

還記得上一次在後院看到的兔子嗎?它又出現了。你能看到嗎?在照片的中間。很可愛吧。它坐在那裡止到天黑。



Thought the purple flower blooming in front of our house look fabulous. Enjoy the photo!
覺的前門的花開到很漂亮。

No comments: