Facts about babies

Mar 23, 2011

Ever since becoming a parent myself, I have taken into reading parenting books apart from the kind I would usually read.

The facts and information never fails to amaze me. Although I did try my best to follow and relate them to my kids, sometimes it's really said easier than done.

Some facts about babies:-

* A baby is born every seven seconds.

* Babies are born with very poor vision but can recognize their mothers almost right away.

* Babies are born with swimming abilities and can naturally hold their breath. However, they shortly lose this instinct.

* Newborns usually double their weight by six months.

* Playing classical music will increase a baby's intelligence. (I truly believe in this. And it sorts of calm babies too)

* Reading to your child at ANY age will increase their knowledge. (I totally relate to this as Keira really likes her books now. I hope Kerri will take to this as well.)

* Babies and toddlers are, pound for pound, stronger than oxen. This is especially true of their legs. (Yes I totally agreed. Keira's kicks can be fatal and Kerri is always trying to learn how to stand now.)

* Babies are born without kneecap.

* Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adult we have only 206 in our bodies. The reason? Some bones fuse together later.

* Children born in the month of May are on the average 200 grams heavier at birth than children born in any other month.

* A newborn baby's head accounts for about one-quarter of it's entire weight.

* According to researchers at the University of Texas, babies like pretty faces better than plain ones.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: